Business Transformation Office
The UCLA Business Transformation Office (BTO) serves as an internal business advisory organization, providing consulting services to the UCLA campus. The BTO supports the planning and governance of business transformation initiatives, collaborating with organizations across UCLA to assess business process efficiency, operational performance and environmental factors to identify opportunities for improvement.
Offering a breadth and depth of professional services, BTO leverages skilled professionals who work with campus organizations to design and implement integrated solutions to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
BTO-focused initiatives employ modern platforms designed to enable continuous improvement, leverage transformative capabilities, and deliver sustained change for UCLA long term. Key initiatives include:
- Modernization of UCLA’s Platforms to Transition from Mainframe Systems to SAAS/Cloud Solutions. Enables more mobile and portal/web capabilities, improved automation, operational efficiency, scalability, cost effectiveness and better customer service.
- UCPath Implementation. Employs a more modern PeopleSoft solution for HR and Payroll transformation, enabling the sunset of the PPS mainframe system and the establishment a new operational model whereby payroll transactions are moved to a system-wide service center, resulting in improved automation, operational efficiency, scalability and cost effectiveness.
- Finance Systems Transformation (ASCEND). Implements the Oracle Finance SAAS solution to sunset the current mainframe system and allow for operational improvement, better cost effectiveness and robust reporting.
- Student Information Systems (SIS). Improves the student experience with a focus on different processes including the admissions, financial aid and student records processes.
- Faculty/Academic Systems (OPUS). Improves the experience and efficiency of Academic Personnel Processes and Faculty Data.
- Optimization of Data Analytics, Business Intelligence & UCLA’s Data Strategy. Implements a compliant, secure and scalable “single-source,” cloud-based solution to improve decision making at all levels, drive performance, transparency and efficiency, while enhancing mobile and web-based capabilities and automation across the campus.